Thursday, January 9, 2014

Winter Run, Back & Biceps Day, Plus Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes

Stepping outside to the 20 degree weather felt almost like a hot summer day in comparison to the below freezing temperatures we've had lately, so I quite enjoyed my morning run on the trails today. As always, running outside in the cold improves my pace--- I'm always in a hurry to go, go, go... that way I can get home to my toasty fireplace! I did 5 miles this morning, so nothing too crazy. The trails were beautiful today, even though I didn't spot a single soul out there with me today! I guess the cold chased everyone else away but me!


Snow covered shoes and snow covered trails
Today's weight lifting workout was back and biceps. Bicep curls, hammer curls, Zottman curls, EZ bar deadlifts, EZ bar bent over rows, one armed rows, bent over reverse flys, pull-overs, chin ups, and pull-ups. My back and biceps will be feeling it tomorrow, that's for sure. Also--- I'm at the point where I need to buy the expansion weights for my PowerBlocks and buy additional weight plates for my EZ bar. This, of course, makes me happy that my lifting has progressed so much--- but sad that I'll have to shell out a pretty penny for both!


Live.Love.Lift.
This morning's clean eats breakfast was one of my favorites: peanut butter protein pancakes. I usually make my pancakes and waffles with Big Train Low Carb Pancake and Waffle Mix. There are numerous protein pancake recipes floating out there, and I've tried more than a few of them--- but I always come back to my Big Train mix. Its easy, convenient, and clean. Plus I find that a lot of the protein pancake recipes result in an unsavory texture... flat, chewy, yuck. So I stick with this! I made my protein pancakes with About Time/SDC Nutrition protein powder in peanut butter flavor. Yum!

I'll post the recipe, but its fairly simple!


So easy but so delicious!
Recipe:
Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes (serves 2)

1/2 Cup Big Train Low Carb Pancake/Waffle Mix
1 Scoop About Time/SDC Nutrition in peanut butter flavor
1 Tablespoon unsweetened applesauce (substitution for the oil recommended on the box)
2 Egg whites (substitution for the whole egg recommended on the box)
1/2 Cup Water

Whisk all of the ingredients together. Pour batter in 1/4 cup increments onto a very hot pan on the stove. As soon as the edges start to become cooked, flip the pancake on the other side to cook. This recipe should make about 6 pancakes. Eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment