Saturday, February 1, 2014

Banana Bread Quinoa! Crockpot Recipe!

This morning's clean eats breakfast is one that will surely make your tastebuds happy. Not to mention, it'll make your entire house happy, since it'll smell like freshly baked banana bread! Yum! In addition, this recipe utilizes a slow cooker, making for very little prep work--- and it only takes a mere hour in the slow cooker. It's ideal for easy morning cooking; pop it in the slow cooker, go about your business getting ready for the day, and in an hour you'll have some scrumptious clean eats! Ready for the details?


Tastes like it's fresh from the oven... Only it's fresh from the crockpot!
Recipe:
Banana Bread Quinoa (Serves 2)

1/2 Cup quinoa
1/4 Cup light coconut milk
1/4 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 Cup water
1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract (not imitation!)
1 Overripe banana
2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
4 Packets Truvia/Stevia

In a bowl, mash the banana. Add the banana, along with the rest of the ingredients, to the slow cooker, mixing thoroughly. Cook on high for 1 hour. Serve with additional chopped walnuts or banana slices if desired. Enjoy!

This recipe truly does taste like eating a bowl of warm, fresh, moist banana bread. Delicious! I served this with some egg whites on the side, to ensure adequate protein intake for breakfast. This dish was an absolute hit in my house!

On a side note--- this is my backpack. They really don't call me "Muddy Melissa" for nothing! Hehehe! I've got physical therapy again today, but, to be honest, even after my long run yesterday--- I'm feeling great! I think I'm finally (pun 100% intended!) back on my feet! Woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment