Sunday, February 2, 2014

February Challenge: Day 2--- Knocked Out ANOTHER 15 Miles!

Happy Groundhog's Day everyone! Well--- did I call it or did I call it? I guess Punxatawny Phil really did hear about my 212 "Mile for a Like" challenge as I train for my upcoming marathon, and he was scared straight back into his groundhog hole! Poor little bugger! So, sorry guys, but it looks like we'll be having six more weeks of winter! Hehehe.

Sundays are typically my "long run" days on my workout schedule, but I've been a little bit off my schedule due to my physical therapy. Long story short, once I started feeling up to doing long runs again, I just couldn't wait until my scheduled long run on a Sunday to have at it! So, despite doing a long run yesterday, I opted to do another one today. Yup, that's right, I knocked another 15 miles outta the park this morning! Woot! On top of it, I cranked out an awesome weightlifting workout when I got home from my run. I worked out my back and my biceps today, and you can bet I'll be feeling sore for tomorrow's run!


That leaves a total of 182 miles to go, making for an even average of 7 miles a day! Yeowza! I'm closer to fulfilling my challenge than I was yesterday, but I've still got a long way to go (literally!). BUT--- that is how challenges are accomplished and goals are achieved, day by day and mile by mile. It was in the mid 30s again outside today, but it's looking like it's going to snow tonight. So tomorrow's run will most likely be a snowy one as well as a sore one!

Check back tomorrow for another update!

Day 2: 197-15=182!

No comments:

Post a Comment