Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blueberry Goodness! Blueberry-Lemon Breakfast Power Quinoa!

I don't know about you, but I love blueberries! They're like nature's candy, bursting full of fresh sweetness! Yum! There are so many blueberry breakfast recipes out there--- but have you tried blueberry-lemon breakfast power quinoa yet? The combination of blueberry, lemon, vanilla, and cinnamon in the recipe makes for a sweet breakfast treat, while the antioxidant-rich blueberries and the whole grain quinoa make for a healthy way to start your day. Plus--- it's packed with added protein to give you the boost you need to power your way through your day! 



Recipe:
Blueberry-Lemon Breakfast Power Quinoa (Serves 2)

1/2 Cup quinoa
1 Cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
1/8 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
2 Packets Truvia/Stevia
Juice from 1/4 of a lemon
1 Scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I used About Time/SDC Nutrition in Birthday Cake)
1/2 Cup blueberries

In a pot, simmer quinoa in almond milk along with the salt, until most (but not all!) of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat, and stir in cinnamon, stevia, lemon juice, and protein powder until thoroughly combined. Lastly, gently fold in the blueberries carefully, ensuring not to mash them as you combine. Serve and enjoy (this would be great garnished with a dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt on top!)!

Well--- I'm off to get my morning run in! No doubt, I had a peaceful R&R day yesterday, but today I'm back at it again. Of course, I'm feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready--- so I'll be knocking out some miles hardcore! Check back later for an update on my February "Mile for a Like" Challenge to see how many miles I crossed off my to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment