Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 8: February "Mile for a Like" Challenge--- Stepping It Up!

With each mile I'm getting closer to meeting my monthly goal of 212 miles for my February "Mile for a Like" Challenge, and I just want to take the time to say how thankful I am for all of you out there who liked my post on Facebook, Google +, and Instragram. You guys have been instrumental in motivating me, and this challenge has been helping me stay accountable for my run training. I appreciate all of you who follow me so very, very much!

That said, I'm stepping forward to say that I need to take initiative to step up my game. I need to focus not only on the quantity of miles, but also the quality of miles as well. I've been pushing myself to run as many miles as possible, and I'm here to say today that I will also be pushing myself to run the BEST miles I possibly can. As a marathon runner, I'm used to running a lot of miles, and running a lot of miles, in and of itself, ain't gonna cut it--- how I choose to run those miles, however, is!

Giving it 100%!
This wasn't part of the challenge I agreed to, but I'm making this commitment to myself now. Why? Because I want to give it my 100%, and, simply put, running a lot of miles isn't my 100%--- running as many miles as I can and as best as I possibly can run IS. So that's going to be part of my focus from now on. I won't just train longer--- I'll train harder, faster, smarter, better. I owe it to myself! I started that today as I increased my usual pace substantially while busting out another 16 miles. I'm feeling great about this challenge--- and even better about myself!

Day 8: 140-16=124!

No comments:

Post a Comment