Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 18: February "Mile for a Like" Challenge... 212 Miles DONE!

The Challenge: 212 Miles

Towards the end of January, I invited all of you to challenge me to help motivate me as I train for my upcoming marathon; I agreed to run a mile for every like on Google +, Facebook, and Instagram. I never imagined that I'd receive a whopping 212 likes, so I certainly didn't expect to be tasked with running 212 miles during February... but that's exactly what happened! 

Challenge Accepted!

I was more than a bit apprehensive when I began this challenge, because I didn't anticipate having to do 212 miles! I wanted to be pushed to help me train for my marathon--- but not pushed over the freakin' edge! I am so used to being in charge of my own run training and my own mileage, and I tend to listen to my body then adjust my mileage accordingly. So 212 miles in one month? Seemed like a huge task!

But with each day that passed, I found myself nearing closer and closer to my goal--- my short term goal of 212 miles in February and my long term goal of training for my upcoming marathon. There's nothing better than seeing positive results for your hard work, and with each set of miles that I deducted from my overall goal, it only fueled me further, faster, and harder! 

Finished... Over a Week Early!

It astonishes even me to say that I've finished my challenge OVER a week early, and completed the entire 212 miles in less than 3 weeks. Not to mention that I decided to undertake this challenge while still finishing up the tail end of physical therapy for my hip (under doctor supervision, of course). I've surprised even myself--- pushing myself, challenge myself, and surpassing my own expectations. I couldn't have done this without all of you guys, so thank you to all of you out there for your likes, your support, and your encouragement!


February "Mile for a Like" Challenge... DONE in only 18 days! :)

Day 18: 21-21=0!

No comments:

Post a Comment