Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 9: February "Mile for a Like" Challenge--- 18 Miles Plus an Impromptu Workout!

I continued onward with my February "Mile for a Like" Challenge today (did y'all really need to like my post 212 times?!). I started my day off strong with an 18 mile run this morning. Even though I was freezing my tuckus off, I focused on speed intervals during my run this morning. By the end of it, I felt like I'd really pushed myself--- and I felt great about it! I'm down to 106 miles to go now, which is EXACTLY half of the 212 miles I'll be running this month. So I'm making, no pun intended, good pace on my challenge!

I also lifted weights--- chest and triceps today. Then I managed to get in an impromptu workout! How did I do that, you ask? Well, I had plans to attend a vegan brunch this morning, hosted by the fabulous chef Mya Zeronis (seriously--- when even my carnivore husband texts me asking about the "yum yum brunch," you know it's good eats!). Unfortunately, Pittsburgh's beloved weatherman Joe DeNardo LIED when he predicted "1-2 inches of snow" this weekend. The heavens opened up and dumped truckloads of snow on us this morning; we passed four car accidents on the way home, and we didn't manage to get our car up the hill we live on.

So, after 18 miles of running, an hour of lifting weights--- I walked up this huge ass hill to get home! Oh, Pittsburgh weather, how I love thee! :)


Day 9: 124-18=106!

No comments:

Post a Comment