Saturday, February 8, 2014

Fresh from the Farm Juices Review!

I recently had the pleasure of trying out several new juices from a business local to Pittsburgh, Fresh from the Farm Juices. Ankit Goyal, owner of Fresh From the Farm Juices, prides himself on utilizing fresh, organic, local ingredients in each and every one of his juices. All of Fresh from the Farm Juices products are cold pressed, making them utterly unheated and entirely raw--- ensuring that the highest amount of nutrients are retained in the juices. But, of course, I know you're all wondering, "how do they taste?" Well--- here's my review!



"Black and Yellow"

A true Pittsburgher's juice, huh? Black and Yellow contained pineapple, orange, blackberry, and lavender. Black and Yellow is a textured sort of juice--- thick with pulpy goodness, which I enjoyed greatly. The flavors are bright, refreshing, and crisp, not to mention that the hint of lavender adds an interesting, yet delicious, touch. This is truly a uniquely tasty fruit juice, and it would be difficult NOT to enjoy this one. Black and Yellow was one of my favorite juices of the bunch, and will be becoming a regular part of my juicing repertoire! 10 out of 10

"Limey Green"

The first thing out of my mouth was: "I like that this is more limey and less green." The ingredients are apple, spinach, kale, carrot, lime, and cilantro; of course, that bright green color might initially scare some people off. Thankfully, however, Fresh From the Farm Juice's Limey Green doesn't taste like liquified spinach. The apple and lime are strong enough to make this juice bright, crisp, fresh, and citrusy. This juice, no doubt, was a great way to start my day off. The citrusy taste gave me a nice "wake up" feeling, but the healthy dose of greens gave me a good dose of vitamins and nutrients. Yum! 10 out of 10

"Minty Limeade"

The name Minty Limeade immediately conjured up mouth-watering thoughts in my mind, and I was eager to quench my thirst with this juice. And Minty Limeade (filtered water, lime, agave, mint) did not disappoint. It was the perfect balance of citrusy, minty, and sweet--- an overall delicious juice.There's no way you can't enjoy this one, in my personal opinion! 10 out of 10

Restless Red:

Okay, looking at this bottle, I have visions of bottles of "True Blood." "Restless Red" is indeed a bold, bright, blood-red juice made from apple, beet, carrot, lemon, ginger parsley. It wasn't overly beet-y or carrot-y, and overall it was a tasty juice. The bright color might lead you to believe it has some sort of berries in it, but it doesn't. So, as long as you don't drink it assuming you'll get a berry-filled taste, then I think this juice is fairly enjoyable! The beet flavor is subtle, not overpowering at all, so it intermingles nicely with the apple, carrot, lemon, and ginger. I didn't notice any of the parsley taste in the juice, however. Overall, an enjoyable juice, albeit not my favorite one. 6 out of 10

"Spicy Lemonade"

I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I first read the label--- spicy? sweet? tart? As such, I drank this juice (filtered water, lemon, agave, jalapeño, and ginger) with a bit of curiosity. It was definitely a unique taste sensation--- indeed, a spicy lemonade! It was undoubtedly citrusy, although with a bit of a kick afterward. I liked it! It reminded me of this Sweet & Spicy Tea I drink made by Good Earth... a nice balance of sweet and spicy. If you're expecting all-out lemonade flavor, however, this definitely isn't it. It won't leave your tongue burning with fiery heat, but instead it'll definitely give you nice a wake up boost. I thought it was perfect for an afternoon noon drink--- kicking me into high gear for the rest of the day! 8 out of 10

"The Works"

This concoction contains carrot, broccoli, green pepper, red pepper, lemon, ginger, cayenne pepper, and garlic. Truth be told, I've dabbled in my fair share of green juices--- but I've never had carrot juice before in my life! The closest I've come is my carrot cake protein shake that uses grated carrot. So even though I had visions of gulping down Bugs Bunny's drink of choice, down the hatch it went! My fears were well-justified... this wasn't my favorite one of the juices in the bunch! I found the green and red pepper in it to be too strong, and the garlic taste didn't suit my palette. I'm hesitant to say much else, because I don't want to prejudice anyone on this juice--- we all have different preferences, and many of you out there might find this tasty. I, personally, just didn't! 2 out of 10

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Fresh from the Farm juices to anyone. The juices are delicious, and I support any local business that uses fresh, local, organic ingredients. Limey Green has quickly become my morning pre-run beverage of choice, and I love sipping on Black and Yellow and Minty Limeade. Yum! Fresh from the Farm Juices also offers various juice cleanses--- 2, 4, and 6 days. Unfortunately, my intentions were to complete and to review a cleanse, but I was unable to do so for medical reasons. Look for a review on that at a future date though!

No comments:

Post a Comment