Monday, January 6, 2014

5 Mile Run & Protein Blueberry Crisp

I started my day off with a 5 mile run at the gym. I had a bit of an inner debate whether to run indoors or outdoors. On the one hand, I didn't really feel like braving the cold, ice, and snow today to run outside. On the other hand, I was a little leery of driving on the snow-covered roads this morning. But I personally am not a fan of road running (LOATHE IT, actually!), and, really, by the time I drive to the park--- I might as well just drive a little further so I can run in the warmth of the gym. So that's what I opted to do!

Aaaaaaaand I'm off to the gym!
Today marks the start of a new workout hybrid schedule for me. I wanted to concoct something to incorporate P90X3 definitively into my schedule. My husband has committed to finishing this program, so I want to make sure its worked into my schedule as well so I can support him by doing the workouts together! So my new workout hybrid schedule will be a mixture of P90X3 6x/week (1 day is a double day), marathon run training 4-5x/week, weight lifting 4-5x/week, and additional ab-focused workouts 1-2x/week (love me some abs, you know!). I'm ready to rock it!

I CANNOT rave enough about the breakfast I whipped up this morning--- protein blueberry crisp! Lordy, this tastes like a dessert--- ya'll NEED to try this recipe out! As always, its 100% clean.

This is so good--- makes me want to eat it for breakfast, brunch, brinner, & bracks (breakfast+snacks?)
Recipe:
Protein Blueberry Crisp (Serves 2)

2 Cups fresh blueberries
2 Packets Truvia/Stevia (or whatever sweetener you prefer)
Juice from 1/2 a Lemon

2 Scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (Check to make sure the brand you use is clean--- I use About Time/SDC Nutrition Birthday Cake flavor whey protein powder)
4 Tablespoons Oats
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Ginger
Juice from 1 Lemon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place fresh blueberries in a bowl. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 of a lemon over the top of the blueberries. Sprinkle with 2 packets of Truvia, then gently mix the blueberries to coat evenly with lemon juice and sweetener. Arrange coated blueberries in a small baking dish (a small loaf pan would work well--- I personally used 2 individual-sized 14 ounce ramekins). Then, mix protein powder, oats, cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl with a fork until thoroughly mixed. Squeeze the juice from 1 whole lemon over the dry ingredients, then mix together until a crumbly consistency (I mixed it up in my Ninja for a few seconds to do this). Spread crumble mixture evenly over top of the coated blueberries. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crispy/crunchy. Enjoy!

I absolutely loved this recipe! I have a raging sweet tooth, and this is perfect for those cravings! It tastes like a scrumptious dessert, only its healthy AND clean. You can't beat that. I'm planning on creating a version of this recipe made with more cinnamon and using apples instead--- a protein apple crisp! Stay tuned for how that turns out!

Check back later tonight--- I'm making clean buffalo chicken wraps for dinner tonight, and you will NOT want to miss that yum-o recipe, I assure you! Plus I'll be busting out my second workout with my husband later on today. Today's P90X3 workout? Total Synergistics!

No comments:

Post a Comment