Saturday, January 18, 2014

Apple Pie Protein Pancakes! And Working Out Some Scheduling Kinks!

So today's breakfast recipe is another protein pancake variation. I'm all about pancakes, and this apple pie flavored version is phenomenal! Here's the deets guys:


So filling... YUM!
Recipe:
Apple Pie Protein Pancakes (Serves 2)

1/2 Cup Big Train Low Carb Pancake Mix
1 Scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I used About Time/SDC Nutrition whey protein in Birthday Cake)
2 Egg whites
1/4 Cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 of an apple, chopped finely
1 Packet of Truvia/Stevia
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 Cup oats
1/2 Cup water (at least)

In a bowl, cover chopped apples with water. Microwave for 2-3 minutes until tender. Drain the apples. Meanwhile, mix together pancake mix, whey protein powder, egg whites, unsweetened applesauce, stevia, cinnamon, oats, and water. Add enough water so the batter is a thick pancake batter consistency (I'm bad about measuring the addition of water! I just keep adding until its the right consistency!), then gently fold in the chopped apples. In a lightly oiled pan over high heat, cook pancakes on both sides. This recipe should make about 6 pancakes and serve 2 people.

Your batter should look like this!
We topped these with additional apple chunks, plus a sprinkling of cinnamon and stevia, and these pancakes were absolutely divine--- and filling! You guys definitely need to try this one out!

So, as you all know, I was having a pretty yucky day yesterday... but my wonderful husband took it upon himself to cheer me up! You know, the man leaves his shoes 4 inches away from the shoe bin, and I just want to throttle him--- then he goes and does something like this and I remember why I love him so much! He came home from work with this surprise for me last night:


I guess I'll let him live... Despite throwing his shoes NEXT TO the shoe bin EVERY DAY!
The card reads "I'm sorry you had a bad night last night and I hope your hip feels all better so you can get muddy." Does the man know me or does he know me?! He also gave me a ton of bath stuff--- most notably some bath stuff for aches and pains. Yes, please and thank you, a million times over! Totally needed right now! He's such a sweetheart, and he definitely cheered me up!

I'm spending the day working out the kinks in my summer running schedule; I'm still decided what races, mud runs, and obstacle runs I want to do--- and how far I'm willing to go to do them! So far:

Pittsburgh Marathon on May 4th
Mud on the Mountain and May 10th (I'm still unsure if I should commit to this so soon after my marathon! But I missed this mudder last year, and the fall one is the same day as Tough Mudder!)
Ruckus Run on July 12th
Pittsburgh Triathlon on July 27th
Pittsburgh Tough Mudder on August 16th
Gladiator Rock N Run on September 20th

We'll see! I'd like to do more mudders (of course!), but so many require drives of 2+ miles! I'd also really like to do Color Run or Color Me Rad, so we'll see! I also think I need a run in June otherwise I might go crazy without one for so long! Hehe!

Hope you guys are staying happy and living healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment