Friday, January 17, 2014

Pecan-Pumpkin No-Bake Protein Cookies!

I'm not going to lie guys; I'm not perfect by any means. I, too, struggle in my fitness journey, and today is one of those days I am struggling. I've dedicated my life to helping others achieve their fitness goals, and I'm feeling downtrodden today--- I don't have a case of the "I don't wannas," I have a case of the "why do I even bothers?" Its hard when those close to you don't share your dedication.

My mother in law cried to me that she wanted to lose weight, but that she didn't even know where to begin. Not only did I voluntarily work out with her every day, but I also prepped and delivered healthy meals right to her. I was dismayed when she backslid and secretly (lied about it) started eating candy, fast food, and other junk again. I've been struggling with hip pain recently, and I mentioned to a family member that I was in physical therapy. This person did not even care enough to bother to ask what was wrong, if I was okay, or how I was doing--- which is crushing to me because an injury, plain, and simple, means that I cannot do the things I LOVE to do! Not to mention the constant comments I receive from people: "women shouldn't be so muscular (excuse me, but I think strong is sexy!)," "you need to eat more because you're too skinny (I am on a high calorie and high protein diet to build muscle--- so I'm actually eating a lot, thank you very much!), "its okay to have a cheat day (maybe for some, but that isn't what I want--- and when everyone is saying that to me all of the time, what am I supposed to do... have a cheat day for every single person in my life?!)," and worse!

I'm feeling like total turds today. Yup, I said it! And you know what? I can't deny that there is a part of me that would just LOooooooVE to take all of those crappy feelings in the pit of my stomach, and bury them with some chocolate or peanut butter or ice cream... But I am NOT going to! Instead, I've been up since 5 AM because I couldn't sleep at all--- so what did I do? I prepped all of my clean, healthy, tasty meals for the weekend, then I hit up the gym to workout. I could have chosen to eat my feelings away, but instead I decided to run my feelings off. And I feel awesome about that choice!

Because--- bottom line: yeah, there are a LOT of people in my life who are not supportive. Just like I'm sure there are people in yours who are unsupportive as well. But the fact is, plenty of people have succeeded when others didn't believe in them--- but NO ONE has EVER succeeded when they didn't believe in themselves. NOT. EVEN. ONCE. So, instead, I'll believe in myself that much more... for me and for everyone else in my life who doesn't!

Today's clean eats breakfast recipe is another no-bake protein cookie variation! These ones, however, include one of my favorite ingredients of all time--- pumpkin! Yum, yum, yum! Read on, guys...

Who doesn't love pumpkin?!
Recipe:
Pecan-Pumpkin No-Bake Protein Cookies (Serves 1; Makes 2 large or 4 small cookies)

1 Scoop vanilla or pumpkin whey protein powder (I used About Time/SDC Nutrition's whey protein in Pumpkin Spice)
3 Tablespoons oats
2 Tablespoons whole wheat flour
1/16 Teaspoon salt
1/16 Teaspoon baking soda
1/8 Teaspoon pumpkin spice
2 Packets Truvia/Stevia
1 1/2 Tablespoons canned pumpkin (Pumpkin should be the ONLY ingredient)
1/2 Tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/8 Teaspoon vanilla extract (NOT imitation--- that stuff isn't clean!)

2 Tablespoons crushed pecans

In a food processor, combine all ingredients except for the crushed pecans. Afterward, chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to make cookies easier to form. Meanwhile, place crushed pecans in a shallow dish to coat cookies. Once the cookie dough is chilled, form cookies--- you can form either 2 llarge cookie patties or 4 small cookie balls. Coat cookies with the crushed pecans. Serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve!

So simple yet so delish. And, again, this recipe is crazy easy to make! No need to spend hours crafting gourmet dishes just so you can keep eating clean, healthy, tasty food--- this is ready in a snap! I hope you guys enjoy this recipe!

And, since its Friday, you know this girl is flexing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment