Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ninja-Assisted Lobster Mock Alfredo with Zoodles


Hey again. Muddy Melissa here... as usual! I got my weightlifting in tonight--- back and biceps today. I'm loving the progress I've made so far. What do you guys out there think?


Ladies love lifting too, ya know!
Well, I picked up my Ninja machine, and I must confess--- I'm in love! I was so excited to finally get it, that I couldn't wait to try it out as soon as I got home. I just had to whip something up! Clean, of course.


Love at first sight: my Ninja machine!
So what was my first meal made with the Ninja? Lobster alfredo. "Whaaaaaaat?!" you say? Oh yeah! "Oh no, you didn't!" Oh YES, I diiiiiiiiiid. Want to hear how I made this delicious concoction? Keep reading...


Lobster mock alfredo with zucchini noodles
Recipe:
Mock Alfredo Sauce Served Over Zucchini Noodles (Serves 2)

2 zucchinis
1 head of cauliflower
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
4-6 garlic cloves (sauteed or raw--- as long as you don't mind the strong taste... I don't)
Salt, pepper, additional seasonings to taste
Optional: 1-2 tablespoons dijon mustard

Cut head of cauliflower into small florets. Heat large pot of boiling water; cook cauliflower florets until tender. Drain florets. In a blender or food processor, mix together cauliflower florets (one head, for me, makes about 5 cups of cooked cauliflower florets), garlic cloves, unsweetened almond milk, salt, pepper, and additional seasonings (I love pepper so I use a boatload of it... plus a bit of fresh parsley, along with some dijon mustard!). Blend until sauce is a creamy consistency. Then, julienne the zucchini into long, thin strips--- much like angel hair pasta. Once the zucchini is julienned, sauté the zoodles in a pan briefly (a minute or two should be sufficient) until slightly tender. Cover zoodles with mock alfredo sauce. If desired, you can mix in additional ingredients--- I added lobster, but you could add any proteins or vegetables you choose. If you'd like, pop your mock alfredo into an oven-safe ramekin, and broil in the oven for several minutes. The top will come out crispy, crunchy, and delicious!

I'd call my first Ninja-assisted meal a rousing success! I scarfed mine down, not to mention that my husband scarfed his down as well. And, being someone who vehemently avoids healthy food at all costs, that's a definite win in my book!

How about you guys--- what was on your menu tonight? I'd love to hear about it!