Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ninja-Assisted Lobster Mock Alfredo with Zoodles


Hey again. Muddy Melissa here... as usual! I got my weightlifting in tonight--- back and biceps today. I'm loving the progress I've made so far. What do you guys out there think?


Ladies love lifting too, ya know!
Well, I picked up my Ninja machine, and I must confess--- I'm in love! I was so excited to finally get it, that I couldn't wait to try it out as soon as I got home. I just had to whip something up! Clean, of course.


Love at first sight: my Ninja machine!
So what was my first meal made with the Ninja? Lobster alfredo. "Whaaaaaaat?!" you say? Oh yeah! "Oh no, you didn't!" Oh YES, I diiiiiiiiiid. Want to hear how I made this delicious concoction? Keep reading...


Lobster mock alfredo with zucchini noodles
Recipe:
Mock Alfredo Sauce Served Over Zucchini Noodles (Serves 2)

2 zucchinis
1 head of cauliflower
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
4-6 garlic cloves (sauteed or raw--- as long as you don't mind the strong taste... I don't)
Salt, pepper, additional seasonings to taste
Optional: 1-2 tablespoons dijon mustard

Cut head of cauliflower into small florets. Heat large pot of boiling water; cook cauliflower florets until tender. Drain florets. In a blender or food processor, mix together cauliflower florets (one head, for me, makes about 5 cups of cooked cauliflower florets), garlic cloves, unsweetened almond milk, salt, pepper, and additional seasonings (I love pepper so I use a boatload of it... plus a bit of fresh parsley, along with some dijon mustard!). Blend until sauce is a creamy consistency. Then, julienne the zucchini into long, thin strips--- much like angel hair pasta. Once the zucchini is julienned, sauté the zoodles in a pan briefly (a minute or two should be sufficient) until slightly tender. Cover zoodles with mock alfredo sauce. If desired, you can mix in additional ingredients--- I added lobster, but you could add any proteins or vegetables you choose. If you'd like, pop your mock alfredo into an oven-safe ramekin, and broil in the oven for several minutes. The top will come out crispy, crunchy, and delicious!

I'd call my first Ninja-assisted meal a rousing success! I scarfed mine down, not to mention that my husband scarfed his down as well. And, being someone who vehemently avoids healthy food at all costs, that's a definite win in my book!

How about you guys--- what was on your menu tonight? I'd love to hear about it!

2 comments:

  1. I must say this was amazing! I used shrimp instead of lobster but that is what is so amazing about this recipe, you can add in whatever meat, veggies, and seafood that you desire. My fiance is not big on cauliflower but he loved this alfredo. It was so nice to feel like I was eating something bad that tasted so good. Thankfully it was great with no guilt! Thanks Melissa!! Looking forward to trying more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked this recipe! The wonderful thing about cauliflower is that it has such a mild flavor, you can really sneak it in a lot of recipes!

    ReplyDelete