Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Welcome to WOW Wednesday! First Installment: Yoga for Runners!


So here it is guys... my special surprise that I've been tempting you with. What is it, you ask?! ITS WOW WEDNESDAY! What the heck is that, you ask?! The WOW stands for "workout of the week," and each week I'll be posting a custom-made workout video for you guys out there to do at home. I'm kicking off my first-ever WOW Wednesday with a personal favorite of mine: yoga for runners. I created this yoga routine in response to the numerous injuries and ailments that are common with runners: ankle sprains, ankle instability, shin splints, knee and hip joint pain, tense muscles, and lower back pain. If you're a runner, or if you incorporate a lot of plyometrics in your workouts (Insanity, Focus T25, etc.)--- this is something you can benefit GREATLY from, I assure you! This workout has helped put a bookend on my chronic recurring ankle sprains that hindered me so much during last year's racing and mudding season. If you like the video, feel free to repeat it as much as you'd like! And, of course, sharing this video and my blog would be greatly appreciated! If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, feel free to let me know your opinions! Enjoy guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment