Friday, January 10, 2014

Flex Friday! Baked Crab Cakes with Green Chile Lime Sauce


Well--- today we played a rousing game of "Truth or Dare," and I was dared to do a workout in a public place. I'm not one to shirk from a challenge, so of course I readily accepted this dare. I have video evidence of me making a fool of myself. Enjoy a good laugh at my expense guys!



Here's a spicy seafood recipe for you guys. Its one of my absolutely favorites, but Steve hates all things seafood and detests anything spicy--- so I was on my own noshing on this one tonight! Hope you guys enjoy the recipe though!


Recipe:
Baked Crab Cakes (Makes 4 Crab Cakes)

8 Ounces lump crab meat
2 Egg whites
1/2 Cup panko bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon chopped red onion
2 Tablespoons chopped red sweet pepper
1 Tablespoon plain nonfat Greek yogurt
Juice from 1/2 of a lime
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all crab cake ingredients in a bowl. Form 4 crab cake patties (I use 4 miniature-sized 4 ounce ramekins... I just press the crab cake mixture in the ramekin, then when they're done they pop out nicely!), and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden-brown.


Green Chile Lime Sauce (Tops 4 Crab Cakes)

2 Tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons canned diced green chiles
Juice from 1/2 of a lime
1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 Teaspoon hot sauce (I use Frank's--- its clean!)

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Spoon over the crab cakes just before serving. Warning: this sauce is spicy! Adjust to your personal taste, if necessary!

I served these baked crab cakes with two of my favorite side dishes: roasted garlic cauliflower and sweet cinnamon acorn squash. I'll be posting those recipes for you guys in the next few days!


And, of course, it's Flex Friday, so I gotta flex it out for ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment