Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes... Sinfully Good--- Yet Clean!

A long time ago someone had the ingenious idea to combine chocolate and peanut butter. This, of course, resulted in one of the tastiest combinations known to man--- so sinfully good that I'm convinced this idea was somehow influenced by the work of the devil! I've always had a raging sweet tooth, and the chocolate and peanut butter combo has always had its seductive allure. So what is a clean eater like myself to do? Bury myself in a bag of Reese's Cups? No thanks! Instead, I choose clean alternatives like these delicious pancakes... chocolate stuffed peanut butter protein pancakes! Yummylicious, right?! You know the drill--- keep scrolling for the recipe!


Recipe:
Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes (Serves 1)

Peanut Butter Pancakes:
1/2 Cup Big Train Low Carb Pancake/Waffle Mix
1 Scoop Peanut Butter whey protein powder (I used About Time/SDC Nutrition)
1 Tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
2 Egg Whites
1/2 Cup water

Chocolate Filling:
1/2 Cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt (a clean variety, please!)
4 Packets of Truvia/Stevia
1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Optional: carob chips as garnish

In a bowl, mix together pancake ingredients. Spoon batter by 1/4 cup increments onto a pan over high heat, cooking the pancakes on both sides--- until all of the batter is used. Set the pancakes aside, and, in another bowl, mix together the chocolate filling ingredients. Coat each peanut butter pancake with a layer of chocolate filling, alternating until all of the pancakes have been used. Garnish with a final dollop of the chocolate filling or with a sprinkling of carob chips if desired. Yum!


I'm off to the spa again today. I know, I know... I was just there last week! But the hydrotherapy felt so good on my aching hip, I just had to make another appointment! Of course, I got in my workout, as usual, bright and early this morning--- shoulders today! I blasted those babies to hell and back. Tell me guys, what's on your clean eats menu and your workout schedule for today? Muddy Melissa wants to know!
My fur baby making a cameo in today's pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment