Thursday, January 16, 2014

Protein-Packed Fresh Fruit Yogurt!

In case you guys didn't know already, I have a little secret to divulge to you all... I don't actually eat breakfast in the mornings! Gah--- I know, I know, you're saying "but, Melissa, you post all these deliciously clean breakfast recipes and surely you can't be skipping the most important meal of the day?!" Well, truth be told, I'm not a morning person by any means, and I just do NOT feel like cooking as soon as I wake up. So, what I typically do, is I will munch on a Quest bar (one from the all natural line) for breakfast before I get my first workout of the day in. And those breakfast recipes? Well, they're usually my lunch for that day! So while normal people may eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner... me, I eat quick breakfast, real breakfast, and dinner (plus my pre/post workout shakes and a nighttime casein shake, with maybe a snack). Whatever--- it works for me!

So I do, in fact, recognize that a lot of you out there don't have the time every morning to create these clean eats concoctions I come up with! Which is okay! That's why today's recipe is something that you can literally whip up in a jiffy, with minimal ingredients and virtually no prep! Plus... it's clean and tasty to boot! So what is it? Protein-packed fresh fruit yogurt!


Protein, fruit, dairy, and YUMMY in a bowl... enjoy!
Recipe:
Protein-Packed Fresh Fruit Yogurt (serves 1)

1 Scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I used About Time/SDC Nutrition's whey protein in Birthday Cake)
3/4 Cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I like Stonyfield, Chobani, or Fage)
1 Cup frozen fruit (I used raspberries for this one!)
1/4 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2-3 Packets of Truvia/Stevia to taste

Ready for this super-difficult recipe's instructions? Put everything in a blender. Blend. The end! Yeowza, you're gonna work up such a sweat making this--- you might as well skip your cardio for the day!

As I said, I love this recipe because it's so simple to make. But also--- people can be easily deceived by the "fruit-flavored" yogurt options at the store. I say "fruit-flavored" because most actually contain very little fruit in them! On top of it, the majority are not clean, and they're filled with some pretty nasty additives. Why resort to that when you can whip up your own so easily? And, in the process, get servings of fruit and protein that your body can benefit so greatly from? This is the perfect quick, easy, clean breakfast for those of you who are on the go, or who just don't like to cook in the mornings. Pair it with some healthy clean carbs by mixing in some granola or oats or serving it with a whole grain English muffin or toast. Yum!

Okay guys... I'm off to physical therapy again this afternoon! Keep your fingers crossed for me... I am sick of being sidelined!

No comments:

Post a Comment