Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Cajun Shrimp Stew (Crockpot Recipe!)

I had (just about) the perfect afternoon. I spent a relaxing afternoon at the spa, and afterwards I felt so refreshed that I hit up the gym. I got in an AMAZING run on the treadmill, then I came home to get in another workout. I'm feeling great!

So tonight's clean eats dinner recipe is another cajun dish; this one, however, utilizes a slow cooker. If you recall, of course, I got several requests for slow cooker recipes, so this is one of the dishes I dreamed up--- cajun shrimp stew!


Recipe:
Cajun Shrimp Stew (Serves 2)

8 Ounces shrimp
1/2 Red onion, roughly sliced
1 Garlic clove, chopped
1 Celery stalk, coarsely chopped
1 Bell pepper (red or green), coarsely chopped
1 Large tomato (or 2 small tomatoes), coarsely chopped
1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 Teaspoon cumin

In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except the shrimp. Cook on high for 3 hours. Add in the shrimp, and continue to cook on high for an 30 additional minutes. Serve the cajun shrimp stew over brown rice, whole wheat pasta, or over spaghetti squash or with vegetables for low carb options. I served mine over corn grits cakes (I just whipped up some corn grits, then baked them in a ramekin for 10 minutes in the oven--- they came out nice and crispy!). Delicious!

I hope you guys enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment